As we grow older, we will need to make decisions regarding finances, health care and how we wish to spend our retirement years. As nobody wants to have decisions made for them, planning is essential. At The O'Meara Law Firm, PC, we will help guide you toward making the right choices for you. We will listen to your wishes and concerns and will advocate for you.
Attorney Anita O'Meara has over 30 years of legal experience helping individuals make the right choices to achieve their goals. As a longstanding member of ElderCounsel, she understands the financial concerns you may face. Anita will help you understand the options available to you. Due to her extensive estate planning experience, she can also help you preserve your assets and allow you to pass them on to your loved ones.
What Our Elder Law Attorney Can Do For You
Anita will advocate for you and your loved ones. She can assist you concerning long-term planning in areas related to:
- Preserving finances and assets during a time of retirement through legacy planning
- Putting together an estate plan consistent with your needs and wishes
- Creating powers of attorney, guardianship and advance care directives (living wills) in the event that you become unable to make determinations concerning your finances or care
- Providing Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid planning
- Creating a business succession plan for when you intend to leave the business
Having an elder law attorney work for you has untold rewards and cost savings. The representation that Anita provides can allow you to travel to see your family and do the things you enjoy instead of worrying about what will happen next. Her services can help you feel assured that your children and spouse will be able to carry on because you will have a legacy to leave for them.
Helping You Recover What Is Yours
Sadly, vulnerable adults are often taken advantage of by guardians and caregivers. Such individuals often misappropriate or steal the assets that the older person owns.
If you or a loved one is a victim of financial exploitation, Anita will strive toward helping you recover such money and assets. She will move to hold such wrongdoers accountable, take action to remove them from any position of authority and take the necessary steps to help you recover compensation for your losses.